The CDMP development initiative started in 2001 and represents many thousands of programming and research hours that have resulted in the creation of a truly comprehensive diabetes management program. The features presented here represent the major functional components.
- Patient Search
- Document Repository
- Image Repository
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customizable Clinical Guidelines
- Patient Registry - Demographics, insurance information, and contact management
- Patient Medical History Management
- Clinical Information Repository - Vitals, Labs, Medications, Admissions, Procedures, and Diagnoses
- Clinical Decision Support - Proactive Measurement, Timing, and Behavioral Alerts.
- Customizable Alerts - customizable at the practice and patient level
- Patient Snapshot
- Patient Status Center
- Education and Knowledge Assessment Tracking
- Surveys - Unique Behavior Surveys. Ability to include other surveys
- Image Catalog - Diagnostic images, Meal/Food images, Wound Care
- Patient Document Repository
- Patient Outcomes Tracking
- Computer Assisted Decision Support (CADS) - Diabetes Medication Recommendations
- Role-based Template Encounter Notes
- Workflow and Task Management
- Primary Care Communication Tools
- Text Messaging - Reminders, Education Messages - Individual or Bulk Messaging
- Ability to integrate with EMR, lab, pharmacy, scheduling, and billing systems
- Remote Home Monitoring - patient ability to upload blood glucose, blood pressure, and weight
CADS - Diabetes Medication Recommendations
CADS is a novel decision support algorithm available in CDMP. The CADS application is designed for the management of patients with Type 2 Diabetes who are on oral agents. The CADS program simplifies the work of the primary care provider by automatically making medication recommendations based on an established consensus algorithm integrating the essential information necessary including the patient’s blood glucose data uploaded from home, current and previous medications, diagnoses, and current laboratory data. Medication regimen recommendations include modifying the existing regimen, increasing or decreasing the current medication(s) used and/or adding additional oral agents to better control the patient’s diabetes.
A one-year multi-site IRB-approved, randomized controlled trial began the summer of 2011 to test the clinical efficacy and usability of the system.
DM Everywhere is a secure HIPAA-compliant diabetes management-oriented patient portal.
- Private HIPAA-Compliant Email
- Home Telehealth Device Integration - Weight scale, blood pressure, and blood glucose
- Appointment Reminders
- Patient Education Resources
- View labs and medications
Study Manager consolidates patient data from multiple-sites into one centralized, well organized data resource. Benefits include: Direct access to consistent, well organized data from multiple sites and studies Research ready, anonymous data from consenting participants. Integration of all available data (Medical, Demographic and Study Specific).
- Population Recruitment, Tracking & Management
- Letter Generation
- Study Protocol Management
- Informed Consent
- Study and Patient To Do Lists
- Reminder Generation
- Extensive Reporting
- Patient Surveys
- Provider Surveys
- Automated Scoring
- Multi-lingual Surveys
- Automated Clinical Data Collection
All clinical and study-related data stored as unique elements enabling powerful reporting.
- Standardized data across disparate information sources
- Population Reporting
- Patient-level Reporting
- Quality Assurance Reporting
- End user Report Development
- Research Reporting - anonymous